November 4, 2010

Keepin' it toasty.


Being comfortable while riding is what it's all about. No one likes freezing their ass off. At least I don't. That's why I always rock the right gear for the weather. It's been in the high 20's and low 30's on my ride into work over the last week or so. 90% of my 15 minute ride is freeways, so needless to say it can get a bit cold. That's where the heated gear comes into play. I have a heated jacket liner and glove liners made by a local company called Powerlet. They do all of the factory plugs and wires for Polaris, Victory, Indian, SW-MOTECH, among others. Check out there site if you need any kind of heated gear, plugs, mounts, or whatever. They have it all!

I've been wearing their jacket liner for a few seasons now and it's great! The original pair of gloves I had were better than nothing, but the new liners I picked up are the shit! The new line of gloves, vests, and liners use Far Infrared technology. My original set-up had a single controller for the gloves and jacket and it worked fine. With these new gloves I had to upgrade to dual controller cuz they're so damn warm! My hands were melting and my body was still cold. With the dual controller I run the gloves at 1/4 to 1/2 power and the jacket up at 3/4 and it's like any other day out there! As for the bottom end, long underwear and jeans are good down to about 40. Once the 30's come, I toss on my riding pants and it's all good in the hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment